It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create a filter of issues reported by a particular group

I'd like to create filters that show me issues reqeusted/reported by a particular group. I envision it would be something like this:

Project = "System Issues" and reporter in group "CSG"

Obviously this particular bit of filtering isn't available in JQL. Is there anything I can do to get this result? I want to avoid having to specify each person in each group, as these change over time. This is what I DON'T want:

Project = "System Issues" and reporter in (mikem, cherrit, kates, etc)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

24 votes
Answer accepted

sometimes it just takes a few seonds of thought to figure something out. thankfully, the "simple" search has the group option, and when i flip to the advanced search to see the JQL, this is what i get:

project = ISSUE AND reporter in membersOf("Support Issue Group")

works like a charm.

Thanks for sharing! Worked for me as well!

Does anybody know of a way to use the same sort of query but rather than defining a specific team in the MembersOf Paramater, instead show all Issues where Reporter is in Current Users Team?

Ie, I would like a filter so a team can see each others current issues?

The problem here is that a user could be a member of multiple groups, so which group should such a query refer to?

Like Joseph Wee likes this

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same question.

Like Joseph Wee likes this

Same, would like to know if there is a way to do this?

Can try something like

"Same security groups as user" in (currentUser()) ORDER BY created DESC

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you