Create a custom field having ID in Backend

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2024

Hi Guys,

Need you help in creating a custom field, which has an ID attached in backend. Not visible on view screen. Is there a way to create such field. Kindly suggest.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2024

Hi Vikrant - what type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? These fields do create an ID for the field behind the scenes. What is it that you are actually trying to do? 

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

Hi @John Funk  I am using Company managed project, user wants to get select list custom field option coming from Salesforce, via api I can add/update/remove option but user want ID ( coming from Salesforce ) of that option also get tagged in backend. With the help of Element Connect plugin we can achieve this but we don’t have this plugin. Kindly suggest. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

I don't know of another solution than what you have proposed. 

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

No problem @John Funk  Thanks for your help!

Element connect is only option which works but only for single field paying 10,000 USD is not a good idea. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events