Create a Lable with the name of the parent epic of the linked issue.

David Martinez Moreno April 3, 2023

I have a lare Project, with epics that have child issues.

I want an automation that every time a Child Issue(A) is created, a "linked issue" is created in another project.

I want to add the name of the epic of the Child Issue's(A) as a lable in the linked issue.

Notes: the epic does not exists in the linked issue's project.

Thanks!

D

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Here is something to try. Just an idea to explore.

Create a Variable (action) and equate it to the Epic name. Then update the Labels field with that variable. One potential challenge is converting any spaces in the epic name to "-" or "_". Otherwise you would create a label for each word I think. You could consider setting the variable to the key as well.

David Martinez Moreno April 4, 2023

Thank you Jack, I see your solution.

I believe my question was incomplete, because, I have several possible Epics. Depending on the epic, I would like to have the name as a lable in an issue in another project.

With a variable, the lable will always be what I set the variable to be, right? It would not depend on which epic the child issue has.

Is there another way to compare and branch check for parent Epic name?

Thank you.

David.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Not sure I follow or not but I think you could use an if/else branch and set variables based on the epic.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events