Create Sprint disabled when using scriptrunner in the Scrum Board filter

Brian Swackhamer March 23, 2021

I have a shared project with many teams that will be working on the same backlog but need different sprints but want their own boards.  In order to accomplish this we added a field called Assigned Team that is a list of scrum teams that could work a parent issue.  The issue then becomes that I cannot see subtasks on the parent because Assigned Team is only at the parent level.  

With that information and having the Scriptrunner add-on, I added subtasksof function to get the right results.  When I look at the filter everything is good.  But when I go to the Board that I created based on this filter it is stating I do not have permissions to the project as the most likely root cause which I do have full permissions on the project as a simple filter for the project provides all of the results.

filter.JPG

I am trying to avoid adding automation to copy the assigned team to the subtasks as that just seems like I am bloating the project.  Also worked with a full permission jira admin at my office and he can see the create sprint so it leads towards a scriptrunner permission or lack there of.

So the questions:

1. Does anyone know if there is a way to solve this without giving global script runner permissions?

2. Is there a better JQL to find all of the parent issues and all of the subtasks based on parent criteria?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

The problem is that the agile board doesn't realize that the "OR issuefunction" clause will only return ENWEB issues. It thinks the issues could come from any Jira project and that you need to have Manage Sprints permission in all of them.

You could try changing the query to 

OR (project = ENWEB and issuefunction ...)

which is logically the same but may persuade Jira to be smarter

Brian Swackhamer March 23, 2021

that did the trick.  I did not have to do that in my copy version of jira but I have super admin rights there so no other permissions were blocking me.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer