Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create Jira System Administrator user in database with query

Can you please let me know the steps to create Jira System Administrator user in database with query? I am unable to login with recovery_admin user.

2 answers

0 votes

@Muraleetharan Ramaraj

Typically you don't want to create a user in the DB if you can help it. In fact, for all Jira versions higher than 7.0, Atlassian recommends using the recovery_admin user method. If you haven't already reviewed the recovery admin documentation, I'd take a look at the document here.

They do have instructions for restoring rights for creating administration user for older versions, but I haven't used these in a long time, and I couldn't tell you if they work on the later versions of Jira.

As always, before making any database changes, make sure that your instance is down, and you've taken a backup of the database to be able to revert any changes you make.

Thanks!

Kian

Hi Kian,

Thanks for your Email!

I tried the below steps to login with recovery_admin with Jira123 as password in Jira, but login failed with username and password is not correct.

1. Stop Jira with stop-jira.sh

2. Edit JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Datlassian.recovery.password=Jira123"

3. Start Jira with start-jira.sh

Can you please help?

@Muraleetharan Ramaraj

I'm not sure. That appears to be the correct method for signing in with the recovery admin user. Is there anything in the logs?

Thanks,

Kian

Hi Kian,

PFB the logs. Can you please help me? Can we connect in WebEx/Teams meeting to check this issue?

2021-03-01 19:38:56,067 ajp-nio-8009-exec-7 anonymous 1178x125x1 um8mq0 88.217.131.124 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user 'recovery_admin' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 14

@Muraleetharan Ramaraj

I'm sorry, I cannot connect on WebEx/teams. I'm really not sure what is going on at this point.

Hi Kian,

Do you have any experts who can help me?

Hi Kian,

I am also using CROWD and Confluence along with JIRA. Is that the reason recovery_admin is not working? Please help me?

Hi Kian,

I have resolved the issue by disabling the crowd temporary. 

Thanks for your support!

I'm glad you were able to figure it out! I wondered if something like that could be in play. Did you have SSO enabled initially?

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you