Create JIRA user to only have permission to view his own ticket

Rose Rose October 10, 2011

Is there a way to restrict a users viewing previldges to only tickets they've created??

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2011

Actually, there is. Atlassian use it in their support project.

You have to explicitly enable it (and train your admins not to use it incorrectly - the main reason it's not enabled by default is it can throw Jira into a spectacular wibble if you get it wrong!) and plan how to use it - locking down the rest of your permissions.

See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission

Thanks! Eeks, theres gotta be an easier way.

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

Not by user, but it's done by project. Look at issue security schemes.

I'm in the Edit Permissions area of my permission scheme and I see a Project Permissions but it only allows me to open browsing permissions but not restrict them :(

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

It's not in the permission scheme, it's under issue security schemes. Check the docs, I even posted the link.

Suggest an answer