Create Issues in bulk automatically from CSV attachment

Ilakiya Srinivasan November 5, 2020

Hi All,

We have a requirement: Want to create issues in bulk using CSV file.. We could use the Import from CSV feature in External Import System, but the requirement bit different.

A task issue type ticket created through Service Desk with a CSV attachment. So, once the ticket is created, or when the status of the ticket is changed from Open to InProgress, it should automatically create multiple Sub-task issues from the CSV attachment data and link all the Subtasks created, to the Parent issue.

Also, it would be nice to have the Parent ticket closed, when the status of all the subtasks is closed.

Let me know if there is any possible way to do this using post functions or scripts(though I'm not familiar with scripts).

Jira: Server version 6.4.14

Thanks in advance!!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

@Ilakiya Srinivasan 

I know that you can create subtasks via a post function using scriptrunner.  I am assuming that you could do it via CSV.  You can also use it to close an issue.  I think that this would be very complex to do and could easily break if someone did not follow the proper CSV formatting.  

Suggest an answer