Create Issue VIA E-Mail

NIcky January 23, 2013

Hi,

Is it possible to create bug VIA E-Mail?

If Yes then can anyone guide me on this Please

Thanks in advance

3 answers

2 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

You may like to go through this link - Creating Issues and Comments from Email .

Hope you find it useful!

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Priority can be defined to some extend. here's the text i retreived from Jira documentation.

If the incoming email is set to a high priority, the corresponding issue will be created with a higher priority than the default priority that is set in your JIRA system.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Regarding resolutions, why would you need to get it set via emails. I would expect the resolvers to have access to jira and manually resolve an issue rather than use emails to resolve an issue.

Also have a look at the plugin Jira enterprise mail handler which you might find useful

https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/1+-+What+is+JEMH

Rahul

NIcky January 23, 2013

Thanks Rahul. I'm new for Jira.

For Incoming mails. I'm not able to configure POP3. I'm getting on error when i'm trying to configure "incoming mail handler". So can anyone guide me on this please?

If I configure with IMAP the, all the mails is being fetched from the server without leaving a copy of it.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

What is the error you are getting while configuring Pop3.

Can you confirm you tried to follow the process in the url step by step.

Rahul

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

NIcky January 23, 2013

S Rahul. I followed the same steps. But i failed.

In above pic u can see test failed.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Have a look at this link.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Create+Issue+Due+to+Anonymous+Sender+and+No+Default+Reporter

Also

Check the exact email address on the incoming email very carefully. It shouldn't be case sensitive, but any other character out of place will cause this error (Nic brough)

Rahul

NIcky January 23, 2013

Can u please elobrate the solution. I didn't understant what and where to do it.

The Create or Comment Handler requires one of:

1. A default user. This is the reporterusername parameter.
  2. An existing user as the reporter.
  3. The parameter createusers set to true. If external user management is enabled, it must allow user creation.
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

You are most welcome....and this like to my answer also got me the Karma King badge :)

Rahul

NIcky January 23, 2013

I got it Rahul. Thanks a lot. It was reallt helpful:)

Sandra Bryant March 17, 2019

Hi 

I configured mine correctly however when I send an email it's not creating an issue. Not sure what I'm doing incorrectly

0 votes
NIcky January 23, 2013

Thanks a lot Naren. It hepled :)

NIcky January 23, 2013

One more question.

Is the priority and Resolution is userdefiniable when the issue is created VIA E-Mail?

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Glad it helped, Nicky!

JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler allows you to define common JIRA fields along with the addtional fields such as custom fields.

Refer below links -

Setting Addiotnal Fields for Issues Created From Email

JEMH Tutorial

You can tick the above answers as correct, if it helped you :)

Suggest an answer