Create Issue Screen will not close after create button selected

Randy_Elias May 8, 2019

Hi All,

I have an issue with a specific scenario where I create a new epic issue and through scriptrunner scripts create 23 stories and tasks underneath it. After selecting the Create button, the loading icon rotates in the lower part of the window then stops after 3-5 minutes. The window does not close. Instead, I have to select the Cancel button to close it. However, all 23 tasks are created successfully. 

This is an issue as people not knowing the epic, stories and tasks are created successfully might decide to select the Create button again, thus creating a new epic with new stories and tasks under it.

Can anyone suggest a way to troubleshooting this?

I followed this thread --> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Create-issue-screen-does-not-close-issues-get-created/qaq-p/509459

However, I"m not getting the same error (500 Internal Server Error).

Thanks,

Randy 

1 answer

0 votes
Jose Ramirez September 29, 2020

I had this same issue, I had upgraded my development and UAT environment to the exact same versions on different servers, configured identically from the OS perspective. The Dev did not have the issue, but my UAT environment, the issue was present. I checked the config files for diffs, none were present.

I then checked the add ons, and removed the extraneous add-ons from the UAT environment, so that it matched the add-ons in dev. After did so, the problem went away. Unfortunately, I did not grab a list of the add ons being removed, I did so in haste, not thinking this approach would be fruitful. I have to now find the offending add-on.

Suggest an answer