Create Issue Screen: Limit project dropdown

Vivek Baronia June 11, 2021

I am trying to limit users from seeing all projects in my enterprise when creating a new Issue, 

Problems:

1. Unwanted data being presented to people who should not see all projects

2. Users can select other projects ( even if they cannot browse the projects) and create an issue within that project where they don't have access to.

I tried to see all forum posts but did not find a definitive answer to this problem, Removing browse permission removes all projects in dropdown- need at least 1 tag so user can see their own project that they belong to. 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

The project list in the create screen is generated from the list of projects that the current user has the right to create issues in, it's not the list of projects they can see.

If you want to shorten the list of projects offered when creating an issue, take away the permission to create issues in the projects the user should not be creating issues in.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

Hi @Vivek Baronia  have you tried assigning the Browse projects permission to a project role in your permission scheme(s)? Then add the people group/users to the specific project you would like people to be able to access to..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events