Create EazyBI Report to show last 5 closed sprints

Erick Grimmer June 21, 2016

I have developed a "Closed Sprints Trend Line Graph" using EazyBI. As time goes on and more sprints are closed it would be ideal to only have it show the last 5 completed sprints without having to manually update the graph. 

How can I identify and display the last 5 closed sprints in Jira? I assume it will be use what is called a calculated member in EazyBI. Does anybody have experience in building a calculated member for this purpose?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2016

Hi Erick,

Yes, you could achieve that by creating new calculated member for "Sprint" dimension using this code example. It would create member "Last 5 closed sprints" that you could use in your reports.

Aggregate({
  Tail(Order(
    Filter([Sprint].[Sprint].Members,
      [Measures].[Sprint Closed?] = 'Yes' AND
      NOT isEmpty([Measures].[Sprint End Date])),
    [Sprint].CurrentMember.get('End date'), BASC
  ), 5)
})

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags

Erick Grimmer June 22, 2016

Thank you very much, this did exactly what I needed.

Josh Costella April 22, 2019

@Sir Mārtiņš Vanags But what if you wanted to show Sprints in the rows and show as a bar chart? bar chart.png

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

Hi Josh,

I believe you could turn off the "Vertical" button in toolbars to show your bar chart horizontally.

Martins / eazyBI support

Valerie Christy December 28, 2020

Hi @Sir Mārtiņš Vanags

I tried your way to display the last 5 sprints and it was successful. 

But, what if I want to view last 5 sprints for specific squad in a project that consists of multiple squads?

I tried to filter the squad name using pages, but it still showing the last 5 sprints from all squads

Capture.JPG

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2020

Hi,

Please find this community post about filtering last 5 sprints for the report context

https://community.eazybi.com/t/filter-your-eazybi-for-last-5-closed-sprints/2099/6

Martins / eazyBI team

0 votes
Cindy March 27, 2021

My report is not restricting to the previous 8 sprints when using this code

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 4.45.02 PM.png

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2021

Hi @Cindy 

we don't see the full definition of your calculated member, perhaps you could reach out to support@eazybi.com and provide more details about your use-case.

Martins / eazyBI team

Suggest an answer