Create Component When Creating an Epic

Massaut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

Hello everyone.

I need to know if there is a way to automate the creation of a component, at the time of creating an epic. I have the JMWE app installed on the instance, but I can do that with Jira Software's native automation as well.

My idea is to create a project and the post function of it will be to create a component with the same name as the epic, so that I can link everything related to it.

This need aims to solve item search questions.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hi @Massaut 

with JMWE Cloud, you can create a new component using a Build-your-own post-function, with a script looking like this:

{{ "/rest/api/3/component" | callJira(
verb="POST",
body= {
"name": issue.fields.summary,
"project": issue.fields.project.key
}
) }}
Massaut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Wow!
Thanks my friend!
This worked perfectly.

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

@Massaut

There's not a direct action to create a component, but you could trigger a web request to the end point for creating components.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events