Create Automation when ticket transition

Christopher Rampola May 26, 2021

How can I create an automation that will send an email to a shared mailbox if issue is transition from Open to Done

If it's Done - Canceled or N/A > I don't want to send an email

Done Status.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi, @Christopher Rampola - what you're showing in your screenshot is a rule that will actually cause the issue to be transitioned to Done with a specific resolution. If you want a rule that only runs when a ticket is manually transitioned to Done with a resolution of Done, you'll need to use conditions to do that. It would look something like this.

This is an existing rule I have set up, so it's not exactly to your specs, but it shows the structure you'll need - a trigger of "when issue is transitioned" with whatever statuses you want included (in my case, it's when an issue is transitioned from any status to Closed; you would set Open to Done); an issue fields condition that checks to make sure the resolution is what you want it to be (in your case, Done); and an action - mine is Clone, yours would be Send Email. 

2021-05-26 15_02_40-Project automation - Jira Staging - Vivaldi.png

0 votes
Christopher Rampola May 26, 2021

I've created the automation already - When: Issue transitioned from Open to Done 

When we set ticket to Done, we have a dropdown (Done, Canceled & N/A)

I wanted to send an email when ticket is transitioned from Open to Done and don't send an email when it's set to Done - Canceled and Done - N/A

Automation.JPG

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

>When we set ticket to Done, we have a dropdown (Done, Canceled & N/A)

Based on the screenshot in your first post, that dropdown is the Resolution field. What you're showing in this screenshot is Status. If you're looking to have an email sent if a ticket transitions from the Open status to the Done status with the Resolution choice of Done, but not send an email if the Resolution is Canceled or N/A, you need to have a condition that's checking for the Resolution value, as indicated in my previous answer.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Have you attempted setting up the Automation already and having an issue? It seems to me the trigger would be issue transitioned and condition would be Status equals done an action would be to issue email. If you have and can share an image of your current Automation That is not working maybe I can help the debug it for you. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events