Could you suggest what would be the best approach to track my team's time spent on different project

JuanPablo April 20, 2023

Could you suggest what would be the best approach to track my team's time spent on a different project?

Currently, I have set up the different projects as epics, i.e. each Jira is associated with a customer.

I would like to know how much time we invest per project.

In advance, I appreciate a lot the help! 

Best regards, 

Juan Pablo 

2 answers

1 vote
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2023

Hello @juanpablo 

I guess you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud (developed by my SaaSJet team).

With add-on you will easily track team's time spent on a different project. I inserted a screenshot how it will look like.

GIF TIS.gif

This add-on has a 30-day free trial version.

Please, let me know if you have any questions

Best regards, Valeriia 

1 vote
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2023

Hi @juanpablo

I understand you have one project in which you track work done for different customers and every customer is tracked under a separate Epic.

Time reporting is pretty limited in native Jira. I know there are some people who are doing it this way, but to be honest I have no idea how exactly it is done. From what I've gathered, it's really not that great, therefore there are many, many apps for time reporting in the Marketplace.

If you're okay with working with such an app, I strongly recommend Clockwork Free developed by our team, HeroCoders.

It generates nice timesheets that let you select filters and breakdown criteria. Here's an example that should suit your needs:

timesheet with Epics breakdown.png

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or reach out to our team via our Customer Service Portal.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer