Could not find class, check it is under a 'scripts directory': java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

I'm getting below error when i'm trying to add groovy class file under custom listner

JIRA 6.3.7

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2014

Where have you placed the class exactly?  jira-home/???/???/??? etc?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/icg

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

it was working fine before jira upgrade 6.2

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2014

Ok, which version of the script runner are you using now? If you've moved from 2.something to 3.something, then the script location handling has changed and you'll need to handle that.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

i was on 2.1.17 and moved to 3.0.6 how do i handle it?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

Do i need to update setenv.sh with below set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dplugin.script.roots=//pt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/icg

MichałS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

Hei, well you could copy the class into <jira-home>/scripts/com/icg/ then the class would be accessible from a custom listener as "com.icg.<className>" (please notice the missing '.groovy' extension)

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

thanks, this worked.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2014

Thanks Jamie, that's where I was headed when I asked about the versions!

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2014

Thank you guys. I was able to add those files successfully yesterday however today, when I tried to 'update' listener under 'script listners', it is throwing below error Problem loading class: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/com/icg/UpdateSummary.groovy: 9: Invalid duplicate class definition of class UpdateSummary : The sources /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/com/icg/UpdateSummary.groovy and file:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/com/icg/UpdateSummary.groovy each contain a class with the name UpdateSummary. @ line 9, column 1. class UpdateSummary extends AbstractIssueEventListener { ^ 1 error

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2014

I marked Nic's answer as correct as you've cross-posted this last question.

Suggest an answer