I am tasked to install Jira for a team of developers on a centos 8 server. As part of this exercise,
1) I have installed MYSQL 8.0 db server
2) I installed Java 1.8. I have set my JAVA_HOME in /etc/environment as JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0....x86_64.
3) I have installed jira 8.5.1software and copied mysql-connector-java-5.1.35-bin.jar to /opt/atlassian/jira/lib
4) I have created a mysql database and database user with all privileges to the database
5) I have attempted to connect with mysql database by selecting "I'll set it up myself", then put in details of my database setup but I kept getting error message "could not create connection to database server"
Could you please help with the steps I am missing out or the one I have configured wrongly
MYSQL was installed as a service and #systemctl status mysqld indicates it was running.
I also notice my dbconfig.xml is empty.
Thanks for your help
Hi @akinadeyemo1 ,
this is because MySQL 8 is not yet supported by Jira, you should use MySQL 5.6 or 5.7. You can have a look at the supported platforms page : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html
Let me know if this helps,
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event