Copy structure of support ticket/ issue templates

Dave Harris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2011

We have a set of ~20 common tasks/issues every time we bring a client online and would like to simplify the creation of those 20 separate issues. We use the Labels for the ClientName and would like to retain the components and estimates from the source/template tickets we create. We want to change the summary to be ClientName:Task Name, etc. Any tips to plugins, scripting w/ command line, etc to get me headed down the right path so that we don't have to manually create or copy the 20+ tickets each time?

2 answers

2 votes
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

JIRA Command Line Interface has a run action to run a file of CLI commands. An example is runExample.txt .

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

JIRA CLI is probably the only option for now, short of writing your own JIRA plugin.

Also this one of the most expected upcoming features of our Structure plugin (it's not there yet!) - we'll let the user to copy the whole issue hierarchy or a part of it, cloning every issue on the way. I'm not sure if we'll have issue modification like changing the summary - we'll try to find a generic approach to that. Feel free to vote/comment in our JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events