Copy "External/Public/Customer" comment to linked cases

Prasad Shiraskar May 7, 2020

I'm writing a Automation Rule wherein I want to copy the External/Public/Customer comment made by the agent on all the linked cases.

I've tried this {{triggerIssue.comment.last.body}} but it copies the comment as internal note. How can I copy it to the "Reply to Customer" section

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Prasad Shiraskar May 11, 2020

I was able to achieve this

Master_to_Child_Comment_Updates.png

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2020

Hello @Prasad Shiraskar

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you are trying to create an automation rule that will trigger when an issue is commented by an Agent and copy that comment to the linked issues if it is public. Is that correct?

You can achieve it by using the new Jira Automation functionality. These would be the steps:

1. Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Project Automation (Not "Automation")
  2. Click to create a new rule and configure the following one:
    Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 18.22.18.png

This would be the rule background:

• The rule is triggered when a new comment is added
  • If the comment author of the issue is the assignee (Agent) and comment is configured as public to the customer ({{comment.internal}} equals false)
  • Add the comment to all the linked issues
    P.S: Make sure you flagged the option "Share with customer" under "More options" to make the comment visible in the linked issues, as displayed in the screenshot above.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks! I used a bit similar approach. Please see the previous comments.

The only problem I've now is.. The Internal/Public comments on the linked issues doesn't show the commentor name. Instead it shows "Automation for Jira"

Can you help me to fix this?

Commenter_Name.png

Prasad Shiraskar May 18, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves I'm getting this error sometimes. Sometimes it works even after getting this error. But sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Automation_Error.png

Suggest an answer