Copy/paste text between issues doesn't work

Viewing page 2 of 3

59 answers

1 vote
Roman Nahornyi June 19, 2023

This is the most terrible issue in Jira, that does not allow to work me normally for years, always losing the data between copy-paste.

Experienced both with Ubuntu (16-22) and Windows (7-10), chrome browser

1 vote
Tobias Krönke March 16, 2023

Still an issue with Ubuntu 22.4 and Chrome 111 :(

1 vote
Elias Koller April 26, 2022

Same Issue on Firefox and Ubuntu 20.04 on Xorg

1 vote
Deleted user April 26, 2022

Same problem here ubuntu 20.4 on chrome. I can't believe a simple copy and paste is not working. It's totally frustating!!!!

1 vote
Xavier Roche April 13, 2022

Same with Chrome 98.0.4758.102 on Ubuntu 20 but the issue randomly kicks-in.

A workaround on my side is to reload the page (F5) and then Control-C works again.

1 vote
Nadia Diachok March 9, 2022

Any solution known for that issue yet? Experiencing it now on Windowns on Chrome 98.0.4758.102. Problems both with ctrl+c and ctrl+v, and mouse right click copying. Looks like it's just not getting to the buffer at all :(

Nathan Phillips
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2023

Please see my most recent post on this thread. :) 

Regneel Prahalad April 17, 2024

@Nathan Phillips that's not an acceptable solution. Please do your job and fix it so we don't have to apply an invasive workaround that injects JavaScript and could be a security risk 

Like Lior Koskas likes this
1 vote
Steven Malin January 7, 2022

Same here, I'm on Kubuntu 18.04.6 LTS, chrome version 96.0.4664.110. If I restart chrome, copy/paste works once, then it breaks.  I've tried clearing all site data & cookies, copy/paste works once, then breaks.

Steven Malin September 9, 2022

Updated to Kubuntu 22.04 LTS.  Copy/paste doesn't work AT ALL now in Chrome.  Tried restarting chrome and restarting the PC, no luck.

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

Hi @Владимир Савостин ,

I was able to copy and paste to another issue description without issue on cloud. Granted I'm using Mac but it should be the same result if you are using windows. If you highlight the text and right click to copy and paste, does that work?

-Ben

Vilmar Rodrigues Martins January 30, 2022

For me, using Fedora 35 and Chrome 97, copying and pasting with right-click doesn't work either.

0 votes
Roman Kuhta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2024

Still can be reproduced. 12.04.2024

• Chrome Version 120.0.6099.216 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Ubuntu 23.04
0 votes
Ronan SALMON
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

Ubuntu 22.xx, Chrome 122.xxx, Year 2024:  Copy/paste is still not working !!!

Is this a feature ?

Steven Malin March 8, 2024

I haven't had issues with this for a couple months but it has hit me multiple times today.  This is comically bad.

0 votes
Zeno January 10, 2024

This isn't specific to linux btw. 

it happens on Chrome with Windows 11 too. 

0 votes
F. Martins
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 10, 2023

I have the exactly same behaviors on Linux (Debian  12 and Google Chrome v119.0.6045.105) and new Jira. That's so annoying.

0 votes
Fabian Erni October 31, 2023

Still broken on Ubuntu 22.04 on Chrome 118 as of today.

Problem seems to affect several Linux distributions when using Chrome.

0 votes
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2023

2023: I find this issue with copy pasting in my Jira Cloud from both Firefox and Chromium browser. I need to either reload the page or sometimes duplicate the tab and sometimes close the browser to paste the content.

0 votes
Nick June 28, 2023

Still happens.

• Chrome: Version 114.0.5735.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Distro: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (jammy) 
0 votes
Matt June 10, 2023

Nearing the 12 month anniversary of my last post, several OS major upgrades and major browser versions later.

Copy and paste are still intermittently broken, only in Jira (more than 50% of the time it is broken).

My workflow includes constant frustration when copy and paste stops working and hitting refresh (F5) on the page, necessary several times during any action.

This is without any doubt a Jira custom event handler defect, and it has existed for years.

Has a bug been filed about this?

0 votes
Nathan Phillips
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2023

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to update this thread as I recently came across a workaround provided by another Jira Cloud User who was experiencing this same issues with Ubuntu and Chrome:

Workaround:

Triggering an alert before opening the new tab with the middle mouse button solved the problem.

I used Chrome Extension JavaScript Injector v1.0.4, with this configuration:

url to inject:
https://

{my-server}

.atlassian.net/browse/*

code:

document.addEventListener("mouseup", (event) => {
  if (event.button == 1) {
    alert('Feche esta modal para abrir sua nova aba')
  }
});
0 votes
Renato Guardiola April 18, 2023

April 18th, 2023 and it's still happening.

• Display: Wayland
  • Browser: Chrome 112.0.5615.121
0 votes
Raphael Pinheiro March 2, 2023

For some crazy reason, turning on dark mode made that work.

Personal Preferences > Jira Labs > Dark Mode > On

EDIT: Turns out the workaround is to reload the page.

Francesco Salvi March 2, 2023

Just tested, and I still reproduce the issue.
Thank you still for letting me know about an official dark theme, so now hopefully I'll save some cpu/gpu cycles not running Dark Reader extension on jira 🙄

Raphael Pinheiro March 3, 2023

Hmm. I noticed that after some time the copy/paste stopped working again. I refresh the page (ctrl+r to be precise) and it worked again. Can you test that on your side?

Francesco Salvi March 3, 2023

yeah reloading the tab/tabs (often I am copying/pasting across tabs) is my "current" (since Dec 2021)  workaround

0 votes
Artyom Jaksov February 9, 2023

As of 2023, still broken.

0 votes
Misael Zurdo January 27, 2023

I have the same problem in Linux MInt with Chrome

0 votes
Ubiratan Barros Hilário January 24, 2023

The same for me!!

@atlassiahn 

Chrome version: Versão 108.0.5359.124 (Versão oficial) 64 bits
Ubuntu: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS / 64 bits
Gnome Version: 42.5
0 votes
Lucas Marques Rosa December 20, 2022

Same issue still happens to this day. Copy and paste from any issue using Ubuntu 22 and Chrome latest. How can no one from atlassian answer this post?

0 votes
Christian Neise November 2, 2022

Same here - please fix.

0 votes
Steve Swerling August 4, 2022

Same here, chrome on ubuntu. Cannot paste text into a comment or description.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events