Copy or clone issues from Jira Service Desk to Jira Software

Sai Krishna August 8, 2018

Hi Team,

Based on our requirement, we plan to use JIRA service desk for our customers use. But we a requirement whenever customer creates a ticket in service desk, we should be able to create a clone of a ticket to our JIRA software project.

When I tried creating a clone of Service desk ticket, it was creating a ticket in service desk itself. 

Is there a way to clone or copy from service desk to JIRA software?

Thanks

Sai 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2018

Your service desk agents have a "create linked issue" option in the issue view actions menu.

Marcus_O_Brien September 3, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Do you know if this option can be harnessed in a JQL query? Say if a jira is linked to another issue, where is this value being stored? 

I ask as I am trying to create an automation rule where we transition any issues that are cloned from another jira but struggling to find the field to use in my query. 

Appreciate any help you may be able to provide on this.

Thanks 

Marcus O' Brien 

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 3, 2019

Hi Sai, hi Marcus,

If you work with Jira cloud you can also create a clone automatically in another project with our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira

After you've installed our app you simply have to

1. Define or add a transition to your workflow that should trigger a clone to another Jira project automatically

2. Add a Deep Clone post-function to that transition that clones the issue e.g. to the project "Development"

Now a clone is automatically created in the project "Development" when an issue is transitioned to the new transition you've created.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me or our support if you have questions.

Post Function.png

Pallavi Swamy October 25, 2020

Hi Marlene,

Is this add on available for jira server too?

Does this add-on work with 2 separate instances of jira software and jira service desk? 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2020

Update Apr 19, 2021: We released an update that enables you to clone between two or more cloud instances.

Hi Pallavi,

Unfortunately Deep Clone for Jira is only available for Jira cloud.

Cloning between (cloud) instances is currently not possible. If you're interested in that feature for Jira cloud, please get in touch with our support team. Your feedback would be very helpful for us to prioritize our work.

Best,

Marlene

Sandra Patricia Barbosa Moreno
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2022

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine

Can you help me with this error? Please!!!

Screenshot_2.png

Marketplace Partner
June 27, 2022

Hi @Sandra Patricia Barbosa Moreno,

With "error" do you mean the message which says "You are editing a draft workflow"? 

This error is related to Jira not to Deep Clone for Jira. 

This community post should help you to solve the issue: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Why-can-t-I-make-changes-on-my-DRAFT-workflow/qaq-p/782670 

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events