Copy filters between JIRA instances

we are currently merging two JIRA instances on 1 instance for several reasons.
I still have 1 issue: Is there a way to copy the existing (personal) filters of all users between the JIRA instances?
The users of both instances are identical.

Has anybody an idea of how I can avoid to copy 1200 filters manually?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi all,

thanks for the response.

I considered inserting them directly in the database, but found it too tricky.

Besides that, this is an opportunity for the users to clean up their filters ;-)

So, we are manually moving them. By making an export of all existing filters, I could provide all users an nice overview of their saved filters, which made it a little bit easier.

Kind regards

0 votes

There is no easy way to do it. You can explore copying the filter details via database tools/queries but I haven't tried it before myself.

Hi Gerd,

When I created a new filter, the below two SQL are executed

INSERT INTO public.searchrequest (ID, filtername, authorname, DESCRIPTION, username, groupname, projectid, reqcontent, FAV_COUNT, filtername_lower) VALUES ('10200', 'My Test Filter', 'sysadmin', 'null', 'sysadmin', 'null', 'null', 'project = SAC', '0', 'my test filter')

INSERT INTO public.favouriteassociations (ID, USERNAME, entitytype, entityid, SEQUENCE) VALUES ('10200', 'sysadmin', 'SearchRequest', '10200', '0')

So my suggestions is you just need to copy all data on public.searchrequest and public.favouriteassociations tables from your old JIRA database to your new JIRA database.

Best Regards,

Steven

If you do this, make sure the IDs are changed appropriately and, more importantly, change the seqId in sequence_value_item table for the affected entities.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,777 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot