Copy field when moving an issue

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2014

I have a custom field called "Request Description" that has some simple wiki markup within it as a default value.

As a post function when creating the issue, the contents of "Request Description" are copied to the Description field. This is then shown and used everywhere instead of the Request Description field.

It is my way of having a default value for Description for a specific project.

This works fine, however what I need is when an issue from another project (it also has the Request Description field) is moved to this project, I need the Request Description copied to Description.

I thought moving the issue may trigger the create issue transition, however it doesn't.

Anybody have any thoughts how I can get the value copied when an issue is moved?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2014

Hi Steve,

I agree with your approach for description deafult value. There's a System Event (Issue Moved) that could help you in order to copy Request Description field into Description when you move an issue.

Did u try to develop a custom listener that manage description when the EventType.ISSUE_MOVED_ID is raised by system. It could help you.

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/6.2.3/com/atlassian/jira/event/type/EventType.html

Best Regards,

Fabio

Suggest an answer