Copy customfield values to linked or related issues

Cesar Huaman January 16, 2020

i have an issue that creates 3 more issues (with different issue type) when satisfy certain conditions , the issue created (child) i want it to grab the same value of the customfield that this 2 related issues share.

i want to do this so the agent doesnt have to open the parent issue to see the values of this shared customfields. 

2 answers

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Hi Cesar,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that you could achieve your requirement with the ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud plugin by creating a Script Listener.

The listener would need to be configured to fire on the Issue Created event and its script would need to check if the issue is the issue you require to update.

If this condition is met then it would need to get the values that you require off the linked issues and to set these in the custom field on the issue.

I can confirm that we have an example located here which shows how to get all the linked issues for an issue and to perform an action on them as well as some examples located here which show how to set different types of fields.

You will be able to use these examples shared as a reference guide to help create the script that you require if you choose to use ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Suche feature is not available in standard Jira configuration. Until you are on cloud, you can use ScriptRunner or JWME to get such feature.

For Server and Data Center you can use also Workflow PowerBox as described here

Suggest an answer