Copy custom field value from Existing JIRA and paste in new custom field

Sreenath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

Hello Team,

I have a date custom filed called Dev+ QA Release date and now we do not want this custom field, and we have created a new custom field. So now we wanted to copy the field values and paste in the new custom field. So anyone please help me how to achieve this. Thank You!! ( Cloud Instance)

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

If you have Scriptrunner, they have a built-in script that allows you to copy values from one custom field and put those values in a different field.

If you don't have Scriptrunner, you could run an issue query that returns all issues that have a value in the old field. Export the issue key and the old field. Then re-import, but import the values from the old field into the new field.

I'm not sure how this will work if you have over 1k issues (you might have to do multiple exports or change the max export value), but this should get you what you need.

Suggest an answer