Copy a new issue type from one project to others?

jfarjona
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2019

Hello: I have created a new issue type in one of our next-gen projects and would like to replicate it through all of our projects.  Is there a way to do this, either by API calls or through the web interface?

Thanks,

Juan

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hey Juan,

Issue types in next-gen projects are scoped to that specific project. They're not shared globally. This is described in a recent post on the Atlassian Developer blog.

As for API calls to create new scoped issue types in other next-gen projects, the answer is "not yet". There is a recently closed issue which should be providing the scoping info in GET requests (ACJIRA-1604) but there aren't PUT/POST requests for these yet as described on this blog post.

So for right now, you'll need to manually add your new issue type to each next-gen project through the UI. Hopefully we'll have more news on this front soon!

Cheers,
Daniel

Chris December 6, 2019

Any news on this (9 months later)?

Suggest an answer