Convert Jira server timezone to local time via API

Rajiv Ranjan December 5, 2019

When the user inserts a comment in America/Chicago

I get the updated field from Jira search API as 2019-12-04T17:55:32.391+02:00 (server timezone) and not in Chicago TZ.

Is there a way to manage the Jira API so the dates are in the GMT time zone?

2 answers

0 votes
fobrutsky April 25, 2022

Got the same problem. Don't know if someone has resolved it via query param or something like that "timeZone=GMT+4", etc

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello Rajiv,

Thank you for reaching out.

You can change the current timezone for your user to be based on the one from a different location by editing it under Personal Settings. This would be the steps:

1 - Click in your profile picture on the left-bottom corner of the application > Settings

2 -  In the field "Your timezone", change it to the one you want

Now, if you want to change the timezone only for the comments added by the user, I'm afraid JIRA Server does not have this option.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Rajiv Ranjan December 9, 2019

Hi Petter,

Yes, you are right we can set our local timezone under profile settings.

But I guess system timezone included when we get Jira data via API, so can we convert that API payload into local timezone? 

If not we can close the conversation. 

Abhavya Verma September 6, 2021

Hi,

I am using Jira API to get the time of status change for a particular issue. But it doesn't return according to the timezone. I want it to return in the users' timezone whosoever is using My application

Like fobrutsky likes this

Suggest an answer