Control the transit permission "User in a Group" doesn't work

Jirong Hu August 14, 2015

I want to limit the Close action to two groups, jira-administrators, and another called ZZ_IS(OSI). It works for jira-administrators, but not for users in ZZ_IS (OSI). Now I suspect JIRA doesn't work well with this group ZZ_IS (OSI) is not normal. We have tons of ZZ_IS (xxx) group with different names for xxx, but it's domain group and I can see user name in it using: net group /domain "ZZ_IS (OSI)"

I tried using the following condition, with "User Is In Group" and "User Is In Any Groups". It always works with jira-administrator group but not the other. Any idea? We are still with v5.2.4.

Add a new condition to restrict when this transition can be performed.

1 answer

0 votes
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2015

If the limitation is for an entire project (and not a specific workflow) then I would ensure that all of your workflows are using the Close Issue Permission condition for all transitions to Closed and then use your Permission Scheme for that project to limit who can close issues.  You could then only give the Close Permission to the jira-administrators group and the ZZ_IS (OSI) group.  A better practice would be to assign the Close Permission to a project role and then ensure that both the jira-administrators group and the ZZ_IS (OSI) group are in the correct role.

Jirong Hu August 17, 2015

I am limiting a specific workflow only. It works for jira-administrator group but not this ZZ_IS (OSI) group and I couldn't figure out why. To use a project role, I need to create a new role then all other projects will see this new role, this is not what we can accept. If I can create a new role just for this project, then it's good.

Suggest an answer