Connection timeout to JIRA

James Youngman April 25, 2013

I'm running the example to attach a file to an issue and i'm getting connection timeout. Any idea's here?

C:\>curl.exe -D- -v -u xxxx:xxxx -X POST -H "X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck" -F "file=@c:\\logs\\AIFDBScripts.zip" http://mysite/jira/rest/api/2/issue/SR-2414/attachment

* About to connect() to mysite port 80 (#0)

* Trying XXX.XX.XX.XX...

* 0x200506a8 is at send pipe head!

* STATE: CONNECT => WAITCONNECT handle 0x200607d0; line 1032 (connection #0)

* Connection timed out after 300212 milliseconds

* STATE: WAITCONNECT => COMPLETED handle 0x200607d0; line 984 (connection #-5000)

* STATE: COMPLETED => MSGSENT handle 0x200607d0; line 1676 (connection #-5000)

* Closing connection 0

* The cache now contains 0 members

curl: (28) Connection timed out after 300212 milliseconds

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Youngman May 1, 2013

I changed to a test instance of JIRA and the above example works correctly when I changed "attachment" to "attachments" . So I am assuming that this timeout issue in the production JIRA is a "security" feature that has to be addressed by IT. Thanks for the help.

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

How big is the attachment and how fast is your connection to mysite? If it's a relativley large attachment and you have a slow connection - whatever is sitting on port 80 might be disconnecting you from Jira. Might be useful to take a look at it's logs.

James Youngman April 26, 2013

I know this works from the GUI. My intent is to automated the attachment of files to release tickets. Is port 80 the right port to use? I can try a smaller file but I'm sure that will not make a difference. My preset file size limit is 800 MB and this file is only 401K.

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

It should be the same port that you're accessing JIRA on. Have you looked in the logs to see if your requests makes it through to JIRA itself?

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2013

It should be the same port that you're accessing JIRA on. Have you looked in the logs to see if your requests makes it through to JIRA itself?

Suggest an answer