Nehemia Litterat May 5, 2012

Hi all

I have Jira installed as a service

I enabled GreenHooper with rapid boards

Licence : Evaluation for 30 days

Database: mysql on a diffrent machine

I am trying to connect from remote computer to the Jira server

While I am working locally I have not problem

I had a diffrent application (IceScrum) that worked from a remote machine on the same port with no problem. So I do not think this is a firewall problem (I saw several post on the same subject that says it is a firewall problem)

Is there any restrication on connections from a remote machine?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nehemia Litterat May 6, 2012

It was a firwall probelm

It turns out there are process that are spcial to jira installation that need to be approved by the firewall to recieve connections from remote machine

We added the tomcat6.exe to the white list and all is well

Thanks for your time

0 votes
Jashua Thompson (Jazz) August 15, 2017

Try connecting to remote computer using tools like logmein, R-HUB remote support servers etc. and check if it resolves your issue. 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2012

No restrictions. You need to verify the ip address and port JIRA is using. Just because you used to have an application working doesn't mean they didn't close the port when the application went away. Did you access the other application with a name like myicescrum.com, servername:8080, or ip address like 192.168.1.1:8080? If a name your DNS needs to be updated. If servername or IP verify they are the same. I'm presuming by locally you mean you are logged onto the machine running JIRA and using the localhost:8080 that is the default.

Suggest an answer