Connecting Kanban Board of different teams

Jenny.Morales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2019

I would like to do the following

1. In the Kanban of team x there is a task (Task A) that must be executed by team Y
  2. I would like for TASK A to generate an entry in the Backlog of team Y
  3. Team Y will work task A when they have the capacity to do it 
  4. When team Y finish with task A I would like to notify team X that Task A is finished (ideally I would like to change the status of Task A in the Kanban of team X and set it to done)

Someone now if this is possible? and How to do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hello Jenny,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Yes, you can display a common task on two different Classic Kanban board (Not Next-gen) to be worked across teams, you would only need to add a field (For example, labels) that you will use to display it on both board filters. These would be the steps:

- Create task A and add a label to it, like Team_Y_Dependency

- Add Team X as watchers in the task

- On both Kanban Boards (Team X and Team Y), navigate to ... > Project Settings > General > Click to Edit filter Query

- On Advanced mode, add the following parameter to the query, before the ORDER BY if it is configured:

and labels = Team_Y_Dependency

Performing the steps above, the TEAM X will receive notifications once the task is finished and the task will be displayed on both Kanban Boards.

Let me know if this is the option you are looking for.

Suggest an answer