Connecting Jira to Salesforce

Mayur Sharma June 23, 2022

Requirement/Use-case- I am looking to auto-populate information in Jira from salesforce.

When creating a project in Jira, I'm looking to manual input only one entry (say Project ID) and I want rest of the fields configured in the Jira Project should auto populated based on information in salesforce. Will connector help me with this use-case? 

5 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Mayur Sharma

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

Please correct me if I got this wrong here, but you looking to populate project metadata from Salesforce into Jira? But what would the source of this information be - I mean what would you be using on the Salesforce side as a counterpart of the project entity in Jira? It might be possible with connectors, but we need to understand the use case a little better (maybe some examples would help). Exalate can help you to fully synchronize your Jira issues to Salesforce items (cases, opportunities etc.) bidirectionally, but I need to see more details about the use case to be able to fully answer your question at the project level. 

Please feel free to book a demo if you would like to discuss further and I would be happy to assist. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Neha Jain May 22, 2023

Hi @Mayur Sharma 

Yes, a Jira-Salesforce connector can help you achieve this use-case. You can set up the connector to automatically pull information from Salesforce into Jira and populate the relevant fields based on the Project ID you enter.

To achieve this, you will need to set up a Jira project and define the fields you want to auto-populate from Salesforce. You will also need to configure the connector to map the fields between Jira and Salesforce, so that the data is transferred correctly.

Once the integration is set up, when you enter a Project ID in Jira, the connector will automatically pull the relevant information from Salesforce and populate the relevant fields in Jira. This can help you save time and reduce errors by eliminating the need for manual data entry.

there are so many connector or plugin available. check out Atlassian Marketplace partners like Jira-Salesforce connector, ServiceRocket, Go2Group, and zAgile etc. 

0 votes
Swayam_Sinergify June 24, 2022

Hi @Mayur Sharma 

Yes, we can implement this use case with Sinergify. One can map Salesforce fields with Jira to pre-populate the data while manually creating a Jira within Salesforce. This Jira Creation Process can be automated as well, while still keeping the field mapping functionality.

For more information on how Sinergify works, you can refer to our documentation here. 

Thanks

Swayam

0 votes
Pablo Gamblin _ServiceRocket_ June 23, 2022

Hi @Mayur Sharma 

Pablo here from ServiceRocket support.  

A connector can help you with what you are looking to achieve.  For example, with our Connector for Salesforce & Jira, once you create a new Jira issue, you can then associate an existing Salesforce record and have the Salesforce information automatically populate fields in Jira.  

If you would like to know more, please take a look at our Connector Overview video. We can also provide a more personalized demo for you and your team.  You can book a demo with us over at our Support Portal.  Please detail your use case, and we will be more than happy to show you what our Connector can do!  

Best regards,
Pablo
ServiceRocket Apps Support

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

@Mayur Sharma hello. Yes, at first glance, a connector can help you but you need to share more details regarding the use case. A tool like ZigiOps (a no-code integration platform) can help you transfer and sync the data you want between the two systems. If you are comfortable sharing more details on the use case here, feel free to book a demo and we'll take a thorough look at your case.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

Suggest an answer