Connected devices not showing in Assets

Ron Lalande March 22, 2023

I am new to Jira so feel free to speak plainly to me.

I used the Assets Discovery tool to scan our network and create a ZIP file.  I then imported that file into Jira Assets allowing it to Automatically Create Object Types and Attributes.  That worked.  Assets show up and connected devices and installed software show up in an object named HOSTS.

I made a copy of HOSTS and called it SERVERS.  Went into the Object Schema and created a mapping for SERVERS.  I filled it out to match the mappings for HOSTS and then edited the Object Type Mapping to only add our servers.  Re-ran the import and our servers showed up in SERVERS.

The issue is that in HOSTS, the installed software and printers all show up under Inbound References.  In SERVERS they do not.

I think this is the mapping that takes care of this is:

• Data Source Field:   Referenced Assets
  • Destination Attribute: Referenced Assets
  • AQL: objectType in objectTypeAndChildren("Network Assets") AND "Object Hash" IN (${Referenced Assets${0}})

What other information does the community require to help me figure this out?  I added a picture to show the differences.  Application, Connected Device, License are missing from the SERVERS Inbound References

Jia Assets.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer