Connect to Cloud JIRA Instances

We are doing joint development with another small startup who has JIRA cloud too. GIven we are creating dependencies on each other's JIRA boards, is it possible to somehow connect each other's boards?

That will help us create stories and seamlessly look at each other's boards.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

You can use Exalate to synchronise the issues between the two cloud instances.  One of the major advantages is that you don't need an intermediate server to implement the synchronisation.

Exalate provides full flexibility to synchronise any information including sprint and ranking information.

Francis

Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Nov 11, 2017

Hi,

it sounds good. Have you tried it? 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Thanks will try and see if this will solve the issue that we are having,

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Nov 11, 2017

Hi! I have not listened 2 cloud instance has been integrated by boards. Yes, it is possible set application links, hence you will set a link. About work on the board, as I remember, it is not possible.

Cheers,

Gonchik  Tsymzhitov

0 votes

You cannot connect the boards. Remote linking is possible but it won't be as visible as having those issues in the boards.

An option would be to sync issues between the 2 instances. You can use an existing product like ConnectAll to do the syncing. It involves extra cost and depends on your business workflow.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,847 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot