Confluence Java Client Bearer Token Authentication

Andreas Salmutter September 20, 2022

Hi guys,

I use the confluence-rest-client-7.9.3 library to access and modify a Confluence page from an Java application. Currently, the authentication to the Confluence server is done with user name and password e.g.

String userName = "user";
char[] password = "password".toCharArray();

AuthenticatedWebResourceProvider provider = AuthenticatedWebResourceProvider.createWithNewClient(url.getUrl());
provider.setAuthContext(username, password);

ListeningExecutorService listeningExecutorService = createListeningExecutorService();
RemoteContentService service = new RemoteContentServiceImpl(getProvider(), listeningExecutorService);

Now I want to change the authentication to use an access token (bearer token authentication). The library provides only the AuthenticatedWebResourceProvider which seems not to support access tokens.

How can I authenticate to the Confluence server with an access token from my Java application?

Cheers,

Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2022

Hi @Andreas Salmutter ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Please take a look to the following article https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/using-personal-access-tokens-1026032365.html

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Andreas Salmutter September 26, 2022

Hi Fabio,

this articel does not really answer my question. I know how to create a PAT, but I don't know how to get the official Confluence Java library in my application to use the PAT for authentication.

BR,

Andreas

Suggest an answer