Confluence - Automatically update JQL

abby.kaske April 27, 2022

I have an issue that I can't seem to find similar posts about (maybe my search is just not returning them and they do exist, or maybe we're doing something super weird).

We create release documentation when we do our code promotions. The purpose is to gather up the information for our devops team so they know what is being moved.

We tag our Jira tickets with a custom date field when they get moved to the first environment (QA). 

In Confluence, we're made a code promotion documentation template that includes a Jira filter where the JQL pulls back everything based on the custom date field. When we move everything that went to QA between a certain set of dates (typically a week), we can easily filter for all issues moved to QA within that date range.

We have to manually update the JQL to the dates we want to use. We want to streamline the creation of that documentation so every time we create a new one, it updates the custom date field part of the JQL.

Anyone have any luck with any particular plugin to solve this kind of situation?

0 answers

Suggest an answer