Configuring email notification to create ticket is JIRA

Dipankar Barman May 4, 2022

Hi,

I have been testing the Email Request feature for my JIRA board. So basically every time an email comes to my custom email-id, it creates a new ticket that is working as expected. However, after the tickets get created, an invitation is sent to the user with the subject "Welcome to Customer Support"(refer to image attached).
Is there any way to prevent this, so that when I set up the email request any emails come it only creates the ticket and not sent any invitation or other email to the user who has sent the email?image-20220504-121920.png

Also, if you can please let me know the proper steps of configuring the email request feature with a custom email so that I can verify if I am following the proper steps or not would be helpful.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Dipankar Barman , welcome to the Community!

The email you're seeing is from a Jira Service Management project (compared to a Jira Software project). In JSM projects, these emails are configurable.

Here's how you go about changing them (or turning them off):

1. Navigate to the project
  2. At the bottom of the left sidebar, click Project Settings 
  3. The left sidebar will change to show you settings for the project - now click the Customer notifications option in the sidebar
  4. In the main panel, you'll see Customer invited at the top. You can click the edit button to modify the text of this email, or you can use the toggle to disable that email entirely as I've done in this screenshot:
    image.png

Do note that disabling this email still allows customers to view their requests on your customer portal and sends other updates about the status of the issue they created. Disabling that particular notification only stops the email in your original screenshot from sending. Other notifications will still go out.

Cheers,

Daniel

Dipankar Barman May 8, 2022

Thanks, @Daniel Eads Daniel for your help. I tried the steps that you've mentioned and it is now working as expected.

Suggest an answer