Configuring Kanban Card Colors for Past Due Date

Jessica Kesler April 29, 2019

Hello 

I am still new to writing syntax for JIRA. I would like to configure my Kanban board that when the Story card goes past due based on the due date, the card turns red. Not sure what I should use to do this and my attempts have failed. Can someone help? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

Hi Jessica,

you can use one of the following JQLs. you may need to tweak a bit to match your statuses, etc. You Card Color by Queries and paste one in to get started. You can get fancy if you want and show red for past due, yellow for due w/in x-days, etc.

due <= now() AND status not in (done, closed, resolved)

due <= now() AND resolution is not EMPTY (note, if you are not religious about setting the Resolution when closing issues then this won't work)

Jessica Kesler April 30, 2019

This was great. Thank you!! 

Lydia M June 7, 2022

Jack, thanks so much! I was able to adapt this to get my cards to change color if they are not updated on time! 

"Script Ready Date" <= now() AND status = "Staged"

So glad I found this post from 3 years ago, lol!

Megan Thompson May 10, 2023

An improved query would be due <= now() and statusCategory != Done. That will capture all your done categories so that you don't have to type them manually.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer