Configuring, Adapting and Extending JIRA for ISO 20000 Compliance

Alvaro DAlessandro November 14, 2011

Does anyone have experience with the activities needed in order to deploy JIRA in an organization that intends to certifiy their infrastructure/development processes according to the ISO 20000 standard ?

Any information will be very useful, because I need everything, from a general estimate up to the types of activities that need special attention (i.e: special plugins development, custom reports, etc)

2 answers

0 votes
LUC FILION July 11, 2014

Alvaro, Oren,

This questions has been posted some time ago, but still I'm goon provide some general information. The underlying generic question would be : "How to map a process into JIRA?"

You might be looking for ISO 20000, others would look for ISO 9001 probably, the most populars. However, other ISO are in need of what is called Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), the need for structured process for software development. Some of them, ISO61508 (safety critical systems), ISO63204 (medical device) and more recently ISO26262 (safety in automotive) and ISO29110 (small groups). Atlassian is a great tool for mapping whatever process into its database. With the help of Confluence, one can have a very suitable infrastructure for process management, at a fair price.

Tasks can ne managed, custom reports can be created, tickets can be followed, views can be created.

We provide an example of process mapping into Atlassian in our Gaia for JIRA application, where you have a Strater Process Template, which can be very useful for starters! http://bit.ly/RwwjGQ

There will be now out of the box solutions, Atlassian must be configured for your organization's process. But this is nothing impossible. Feel free to ask questions!

Luc

0 votes
Oren Cohen August 26, 2013

Did you get any answer / do you have anything you can share with someone (me) who has a similar answer?..

Suggest an answer