Configure office 365 incoming mail server

Roee Levi September 22, 2021

Hello.

I'm using on-prem Jira server, trying to configure incoming pops/imaps mail server.

I've created an office 365 mailbox with username and password, configured the server details (outlook.office365.com, secure imap port 995, username and password) but the test keeps failing with error "SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out".

I tried also pops (993), also made sure mailbox is pop/imap enabled.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

@Roee Levi  Welcome to the Atlassian community

Here are the mail server settings for o365. Recommend using IMAP. 

• IMAP incoming server:    outlook.office365.com

• IMAP port:    993

• IMAP SSL:    Yes

• SMTP outgoing server:    smtp.office365.com

• SMTP port:    587

• SMTP SSL or TLS:    TLS

• POP incoming server:    outlook.office365.com

• POP port:    995

• POP SSL:    Yes

Source: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/pop-and-imap-email-settings-for-outlook-8361e398-8af4-4e97-b147-6c6c4ac95353

If the settings do not work, make sure IMAP is activated on your account in o365. 

You can also find this information by logging into your o365 mail account on the web, press the cog up in right corner and choose 'mail' under 'your app settings'. The choose POP and IMAP in left hand menu under accounts. 

Mehran Moss October 20, 2022

I have exactly the same issue with Jira Server 7.13 and it does not like office365. SMTP does not work. 

I can even telnet to the hostname on command prompt but not through Jira. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2022

@Mehran Moss You should work with your network team to make sure that there are no firewall rules preventing the traffic.

Mehran Moss November 26, 2022

I had to upgrade 8.20.15 to be able to use OAuth2 and secure HTTP.

Like Antonio García likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2022

Great.  Can you mark as accepted so others can see the solution.

Like Antonio García likes this

Suggest an answer