Configure JIRA to send auto-replies with issue number to customers

I've already configured email handlers for my project.

Is there a way to setup an "auto-reply" for emails received/processed by a mail handler?

Sample: When a customer sends a support request, I automatically open a new issue. The customer should get a email back, saying: "thank your, your ticket number is ABC-123"

Thx, Christian

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Are your customers all JIRA account holders, if so, you could add them to watchers, and they'd get a standard issue created notification. If not, JEMH has support to notify such users of issue creation.

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Configure+JEMH+for+a+Helpdesk+environment+from+scratch

The JEMH Addin is not available for onDemand and pricing is above the expected benefit for my purpose.

Does anybody know another "free" solution for onDemand?

For OnDemand, this will only work if your customers have accounts in the system

This widget could not be displayed.

Okay. I give up. Will use another ticket tool instead of JIRA.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

206 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you