Configuration workflow

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi,

I have two groups of user: clients and developers.

I want that in one status in workflow, the clients can edit a Custom Field, but only this Custom Field and no the others...
This group of client DON'T have the 'Edit Issue' permission, so they never can't modify this Custom Field in any status of workflow...

It is possible to make a Custom Field editable by users that not have permission of 'Edit Issue' only in one Status of workflow?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Again you not used transitions enough ;)

1) create custom field

2) create screen with this field

3) create ( maybe even global to allow edit this field in any state) transition "update field" that doesn't move issue through steps, but just show screen with this field you need to edit, validation on transition allows use it only for group

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

Thanks oilspace again!

I think again and I made 2 transicion. One only for group 'clients' and the other 'developers'. In transicion that only can acces 'client', I make a screen with this custom field to update. In the other, I only go to another step (for my developer).

Daniel

Suggest an answer