Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Configuration Manager for JIRA - Behaviors, Listeners, Workflow Functions Deployment?

Hi Community,

Does anyone know if Configuration Manager for JIRA allows me to deploy my Behaviors, Listeners, Workflow functions, etc from one instance to another?

In other words, will the Configuration manager allow me to port all my ScriptRunner scripts from one instance to another?

-Roberto

2 answers

Hi Roberto,

Configuration Manager for Jira will move all our workflow post functions (including the ones from ScriptRunner) and will resolve any references to fields, statuses, etc. You can find an overview of the supported configuration objects here and a list of the currently supported 3rd party apps here.

However, behaviors, listeners and script files will not be moved. Recently we released an SPI that will allow developers to extend CMJ and we are working with other vendors on adding support for more apps. The functionality from ScriptRunner is definitely something that will be added in the near future. Until then, you'll need to manually migrate the custom configurations after you deploy the rest of the configuration and data with CMJ.

I hope this helps. If you need any help don't hesitate to contact our support.

Thanks,
George

@George Dinkov _Botron_ Hi! Do you have any information when Scriptrunner will be supported by Configuration Manager?

Hi @Gábor Budai ,

Actually ScriptRunner already implements CMJ's SPI for a lot of their custom functionality. You can find more details on this page - https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CMJ/pages/1112146000/List+of+Integrated+Apps 

We're working closely with the Adaptavist team and we expect to have full support soon, along with the release of additional features in CMJ's SPI.

Cheers,
George

@George Dinkov _Botron_ 
Does Botron have any where to request new features or vote/watch/comment on existing requests

0 votes

Uneducated guess here... I think your workflow post functions (if scripts are inline and not depended on a groovy file on the file system) will deploy as part of the project/workflow definition. But nothing else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you