Configurable session timeout ?

Hi,

we have been using OpenID Authentication for JIRA with Google for a while, and have been very happy. The only thing that has been bothering us is that users are signed out regularly and have to sign in again to JIRA by authenticating against their Google account. This happens to users who use JIRA 2-3 times a day. 

Is there a configurable session timeout for OpenID Authentication for JIRA, or is the session duration controlled by JIRA or the Google backend?

Thanks,

Jon Arnar

5 answers

What's the status of this? My organization recently migrated from Cloud Confluence to hosted with Google auth and are experiencing the same problem. It is quite frustrating after previously having the login remembered for weeks at a time.

There's still no solution for that.

I think what you want is that the plugin for all users logging in would use "Remember my login on this computer" option from the regular login form, right?

This is not currently supported but I can make the plugin work that way.

Hi @Pawel Niewiadomski, you are absolutely right. "Remember my login" would be a great help smile

Thanks,

Jon Arnar

Hi @Pawel Niewiadomski,

Is there any solution or workaround to make user sessions live longer? Out users are quite unhappy having to login several times a day. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @Pawel Niewiadomski,

I just wanted to push this ticket again, this is important for us as well.

Thank you for providing this plugin.

Regards,

Eric Reiche from FlixBus

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Pedro Felgueiras
Asked 34m ago in Jira

Clone a Zephyr issue

When I try to clone a Zephyr issue only a popup showing the issue id and nothing more shows.  On the browser console I see:  RTE not registered Error: No jira/editor/registry at c...

9 views 0 0
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot