ConfiForm Webservice - Label needs multiple values from input to be sent to Jira issue

Md Pervez Nawaz April 28, 2022

Hi Team,

I am trying to create a confiForm form that will create a ticket on Jira using Webservice request (rest API).

I want to add multiple fields on a particular Label, but I am unable to do so using below:

"labels" : [[entry.field1.asArray], [entry.field2.asArray], "example1"]

I am getting an error saying - expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')

Please Note: I am able to perform this via Jira issue but not via Webservice.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

Hi

I suggest to look what you generate with this mapping. As it may be a broken structure, if you have field1 and/or field2 values empty

And let me reassure you that "Create Jira issue" works absolutely the same way as using the WebService request IFTTT.

They share the same code. Just the auth bit is different

Alex

Md Pervez Nawaz April 29, 2022

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ ,

Is the format mentioned above correct? Let's forget about Jira Issue for now. How do we create Labels with multiple values from different input fields?

Example:

from field1 I get - "abc", "def" values.

from field2 I get - "xyz" value.

& by default, I want "example1" as one of the labels.

How do I now combine all this and send it to create a Jira Issue?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Hi

Sorry, have been distracted by something else...

i would approach this like this (using Velocity templating)

"labels" : [#if (!${field1.isEmpty()})[entry.field1.asArray],#end #if (!${field2.isEmpty()})[entry.field2.asArray],#end "example1"]

PS, it is always better to contact us directly, to get faster responses - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Support+Request+Form

Alex

Suggest an answer