Conditions on status change

Marek Kákoš March 29, 2021

Hi,

We would like to allow status change only if some mandatory fields are filled in, and to deny change if that fields are empty.

Do you know any possibility how to do this?
I read about conditions on status transactions in JIRA documentation, but there is written only about specific kind of conditions I can set on.

Thank

Marek Kakos

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Marek Kákoš ,

in order to do that you should use field manadatory validator in order to verify if those fields are filled during transition. 

If you want to show or not transition, you should use a scripted validator using script runner plugin.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Marek Kákoš ,

running Server, you'll need an additional workflow app that provides a 'Fields required' condition or validator (usually they provide both then) - see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Workflow&product=jira

As an example, Jira Workflow Toolbox being one of them has a generic 'Fields required or changed' validator - see https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWTSDC/Fields+required+or+changed

Disclaimer: I'm part of the behind the aforementioned app.

Cheers
Thorsten

Marek Kákoš April 1, 2021

Thanks,

we tray Jira Workflow Toolbox you suggest.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Marek Kákoš 

You can create a Value Field workflow condition (the very last option in the list of conditions) which will only display the transition if a specific field has a certain value, or a value at all.

In the example below, I am using the condition to only show a transition if the recordID field is not empty. You can add multiple of these conditions for other fields which are required to display the transition.

required field.png

Hope this helps!

Marek Kákoš March 31, 2021

Thanks a lot,

We look for this functionality, but I do not have this options in JIRA.
I go through Project settings/Workflows/Selected transition/Conditions/Add condition.

There is list of conditions (in atachment) without your option:

Code Committed Condition
Hide transition from user
No Open Reviews Condition
Only Assignee Condition
Only Reporter Condition
Permission Condition
Sub-Task Blocking
Unreviewed Code Condition
User Is In Group
User Is In Group Custom Field
User Is In Project Role

Maybe I look at the wrong place, or there is not that option in our version of JIRA (server instalation JIRA v8.8.0), or we need any add-on.

Do you know what can help as?

Marek Kakos

Suggest an answer