Conditions on create issue - jira on demand

rishi_goel November 12, 2014

Hi there,

I need to set Assignee field depending upon the value of another field in the create issue transition. So we have a mandatory field called "Platform" which can have with value "abc" or "xyz". What I want is, while creating an issue if the value of Platform field = "abc" then Assignee = "Assignee_1" else if Platform = "xyz" then Assignee = "Assignee_2". I have JIRA on Demand instance. How can I do that? I do not see conditions available on the create issue transition.

Thanks

Rishi 

2 answers

0 votes
rishi_goel November 12, 2014

Thanks Nic for your inputs.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2014

You can't put conditions on the create issue, because it doesn't make any sense.  A condition works on a data set to work out whether you can perform a transition.  When you are creating an issue, you don't actually have any data to work with.  In other words, the condition would have to magically know what data the user is going to put data in BEFORE it even draws the screen, which simply can't work (until I can get this damnable psychic chip to work)

What you need is a validator - they have access to the data the user is putting in, OR a post-function that can automatically set the data based on what they enter.

However, you can't construct either of those in the Cloud

The closest you can get on Cloud is probably to set up your "Platform" as the internal "Components" field, and then set "component lead" as the automatic assignee...

Suggest an answer