Conditional logic for a web-item plugin

Tarun Arora November 4, 2013

<web-item key="vacCalendar_link" name="Vacation Calendar" section="my_links_link/my_links_section" weight="10">
<label>Vacation Calendar</label>
<link linkId="vacCalendar_link">javascript:void(window.open('http://10.75.9.179:8081/quickr/faces/vacationCalendar.xhtml?loggedInUser=$authcontext.loggedInUser.name','test','width=800, height=800'));
</link>
</web-item>

I have added the above web-item plugin in atlassian-plugin.xml

I have another requirement now :

If the logged in user is a developer on click of the above link i want that he should be able to access URL1 but if the logged in user is a Project Manager/Lead he should be able to access URL2.

I am aware that any custom condition can be written by making our java class extend the com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.AbstractJiraCondition.But how do i mention links based on the condition.

Regards

Tarun

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2013

You just have to create two <web-item> elements and each of them will have different condition. The web-items will be the same except the condition and the link. When the user is a developer he'll see the first web-item and the second will not be rendered as its condition will not match, and if the user is project manager/lead he'll see the second web-item and the first will not be rendered.

I think you'll have to create your own condition to check if the user is a developer or project lead. See here for more information on how to define and use the conditionhttps://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Web+Item+Plugin+Module#WebItemPluginModule-ConditionandConditionsElements

Tarun Arora November 4, 2013

Thanks for your help Boris...You are a genious...:)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events