Condition with Request Type on workflow transition

Deleted user December 20, 2017

I am using a workflow with a transition from status 'Verzoek' (request) to 'In Behandeling' (In progress). I add a condition to this transition called 'The field Request Type will have to be equal to value 'Algemene vraag'. Compared as String.'

After this It is not possible to perform this transition on an issue which meets this condition.

What could be wrong here?

3 answers

6 votes
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/request/10071/request-types

(Where 10071 is the value for a specific issue type)

brings back all the relevant request types for that issue type:

avatarType=SD_REQTYPE&avatarId=10508","issueType":10011,"issueTypeIconUrl":"/secure/viewavatar?size=medium&avatarId=10558&avatarType=issuetype","createScreenId":0,"viewScreenId":0,"issueTypeName":"Support","name":"Urgent Out of Hours Voicemail","description":"Out of hours urgent voicemail received","descriptionHtml":"<p>Out of hours urgent voicemail received</p>","helpText":"","helpTextHtml":"","order":0,"usedByEmailSettings":false,"groups":[],"practices":[]},{"id":42,"cvId":5,"portalKey":"ccs","portalId":5,"key":"1ea9d869-77e8-4576-ae55-ae6fdfed451e","icon":10493,"iconUrl"

I found out that the OptionID is made up of two separate parts concatenated together: portalKey/key 

So from the above example I used 'ccs/1ea9d869-77e8-4576-ae55-ae6fdfed451e'

As you can see below, its not very intuitive for yourself or anyone else to know what's going on if they ever need to edit the transition conditions. I will have to make a note of which key is which request type.

image.png

Luis Felipe Studzinski Santos July 18, 2023

This is a great tip. Thank you very much,

Like Ronan Roberto Lima likes this
0 votes
Jens April 23, 2019

The problem is likely that you're comparing with the visible value of the request type. But you need to compare with the internal value Jira actually stores. I had a similar case where I wanted to condition to make it not possible to resolve an issue when the request type was set to the value "Undefined". I had to configure the condition to compare with this string 

gi/6961fa42-b43c-4b7b-821c-0be4f008ac5a

instead of the word Undefined.

I found this value by exporting an issue with the desired request type to CSV. Due to the way Jira Service Desk is kludged onto Jira, the JSD custom fields aren't exported properly and thus exposes the internal identifiers.

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

Hi @Jens can you help me?

I have the same problem, found my request type ID, but i have tried comparing with string and Option ID, and still does not work as intended. 

the difference from your cenario is that Im comparing != Request by Email 

any clue?

Jens August 13, 2019

Hi Patricia

I don't really know. My only suggestion is that it may be something related to quotes maybe?

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hi,

could you tell what did you do to compare this value, plugin scripting or other ?

Deleted user December 20, 2017

He Zezeto,

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm just configuring the regular Jira workflow. Using Jira Cloud. 

No plugins, scripting or whatever.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events