Condition to hide transition based on custom field and issue type

Jason Schaefer April 10, 2017

Disclaimer: I'm not good with scripting, I've only done a few basic ones here and there. Please assume I don't even know basics!

I'm trying to use the "Hide Transition (JMWE add-on)" condition on a workflow transition, so that the transition isn't available when two conditions are met.

The issue type is "Task".
The custom field "Needs Review?" (12012) has the option "No" selected from a single-select list.

I've tried many methods I've found online, none quite exactly what I'm trying to do, and none working. This is the simplest form I've tried, so probably a good place to start.

def value = getCustomFieldValue("customfield_12012");

if (issue.get("issuetype").name == "Task"){
    if (value == "No"){
    return false;
}
}

return true;

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

Sounds like you're doing it the hard way.  You can nest conditions, so you can have one condition that checks the issue type, use the "and" boolean and a second condition that checks the custom field.  The "JIRA Suite Utilities" add-on provides a condition called "Value Field." You can use that condition to control both actions. See the screenshots for an example. You use the same settings, but choose the appropriate field and string for each condition.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 4.08.26 PM.png

Jason Schaefer April 12, 2017

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I hadn't considered using add-ons as it's a bit of a hassle to get those approved, but I pushed this one through and the new condition worked out great.

Worth mentioning, we had to do a little extra complexity to eliminate a null condition. The final working result ended up like this.

Conditions.jpg

Thanks again!

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2017

Sweet! That add-on has a lot of great features, so I'm sure you'll find ways to use them as well.

Suggest an answer