Components: Components is required.

Joyce Yang June 30, 2021

I have disabled the component field for my project and it's not shown on the task creating screen. However, every time I try to create a new ticket, an error message would pop up saying "Components: Components is required." My colleague's project has a similar issue of getting "Component/s" field is required and the project "project_name" does not have any components. Most of the info we've found online is quite outdated so really need help to crack this one.

Not an admin but sat with one trying to configure the fields and all but nothing seems to work.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing and would greatly appreciate any ideas/suggestions!!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

This is done in the field configurations, which have nothing to do with screens.

The field config is a set of flags to control field behaviour, and your project (and issue type?) is currently using a field configuration that says "component is mandatory".  

It might also be a "validator" in the workflow (edit the workflow for the issue type and look at the arrow from the grey starter blob into the first status in the flow), but "Components: Components is required." is the message I expect from the field configuration.

Joyce Yang July 7, 2021

Hi Nic, thanks for your reply! 

I tried to change the configuration but it's still not working for some reason :( 

Please see screenshot 1 showing a field that's been configured as optional in Field Configuration, and screenshot 2 showing that it's still required when creating a new issue.1.png2.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

That suggests that the project and issue type are not using this field configuration scheme

Joyce Yang July 9, 2021

Yeah it took me a while to figure out how to associate the proper scheme with the project and issue type 😬

But for future reference if anyone comes across this, look in the top right corner for a button called "Associate an issue type with a field configuration" to fix this.

Joyce Yang July 9, 2021

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joyce Yang July 9, 2021

image.png

Suggest an answer